Nannas Day Nurseries is based just off Hawthorn Avenue in the grounds of Hazelmere Infants and Junior School, it is currently rated as Ofsted Outstanding. Our purpose built, award winning nursery cares for children aged birth to 8 years old with full day care, sessional day care, as and when (flexible sessions), breakfast, afterschool and holiday clubs. You can even pay by the hour for additional childcare when needed! The nursery has a drop off car park accessible via Bromley Road, excellent bus links to the town centre and beyond and is easily within walking distance to the Colchester Hythe train station, making it incredibly accessible for all.
The nursery is fortunate to have an ample rear garden and a separate garden for the under 2’s which has newly laid artificial grass, meaning that all children have wonderful safe, spacious environments in which to learn and develop to their full potential. The local Welsh Woods is regularly accessed for weekly Forest School sessions by our qualified Forest School Leader Michael. The Nursery also employs an external Performing Arts and Sports company to carry out additional extra curricula activities with the children each week! In addition to this the pre-school children during term time have weekly French lessons carried out by our French Teacher Vivi!
Our breakfast and afterschool club drops off and picks children up from the local Hazelmere Infants School, Hazelmere Junior School and Roachvale Primary School, all within walking distance from the nursery. A fun and educational Holiday Club also runs during school holidays for children aged 4-8 years where children participate in games, science experiments, craft activities and outdoor sessions such as Forest School. Each of our age group children have their own base room from 0-2, 2-3 and 3-5 years, with our baby room entirely natural, a home from home. In 2016 we created an additional 2-3 year old room to accomodate our extra funded children.
Our fantastic pre-school prepares children for their future learning and development when they leave us for primary school, with the same curriculum followed as in the first year of Reception. Our dedicated and experienced staff are able to fully support your child with this crucial transition, providing experiences, activities and opportunities for learning and growth in a fun but structured environment.
Open 6.30am-6.30pm Monday to Friday, Nannas Day Nurseries is open throughout the year, closed only on Bank Holidays and half days on Christmas and New Years Eves.
Upcoming dates for your diary......
- Nursery Closed Friday 30th March (bank holiday)
- Nursery Closed Monday 2nd April (bank holiday)
- Tuesday 3rd and Wednesday 4th April, photo day (see our Facebook events page for more information)
- Monday 9th to Friday 13th April, Funded Children's Easter holiday
- Tuesday 17th April Spring has Sprung competition judging day
- Nursery Closed Monday 7th May (bank holiday)
- Nursery Closed Monday 28th May (bank holiday)
- Saturday 16th June we will be at the Young Children's Festival in Castle Park
- Wednesday 4th July, Parents Evening (see our Facebook events page for more information)
- Saturday 14th July, Graduation party (see our Facebook events page for more information)
- Monday 20th August to Monday 3rd September, Funded Children's Summer holiday
- Nursery Closed Monday 27th August (bank holiday)
- Saturday 15th September, Parents Forest School Session at Highwoods Country Park 10am-12pm
- Thursday 4th October, Grandparent celebration day
- Thursday 6th December, Parents Evening (see our Facebook events page for more information)
- Thursday 20th December, last day of term for Funded only children
We provide a selection of cereals for breakfast and healthy morning snacks.
Our substantial afternoon snacks help tide the children over until they go home for their dinner! These are home-made by our new onsite Chef Jodie!
Throughout the day children have free access to fruit infused water via our hydration stations both in and outdoors. Full fat milk is also available on request.
Our afternoon snack menu's rotate 6 weekly meaning that your child will have a range of afternoon snacks during their time with us! These menus were most recently updated in 2017 so please check out our new menus by clicking on the link!
Children bring their own packed lunches and learn about healthy choices through our lunch time swap shops!
We provide free takeaway teas and coffees in the morning for parents and a fruit bowl so parents can ensure they have a healthy breakfast after dropping off their children with us!
Children's Nannas Day Nurseries uniforms (and matching accessories) are available to purchase from the Tesco Clothing website http://www.tesco.com/direct/nannas-day-nursery-turner-village/11180.school
Drop us a message or arrange a showaround.