Nannas Day Nurseries is based just off Turner Road, adjacent to the Walk-in Centre. Our specially converted villa situated within the hospital grounds enables us to care for children in separate age rooms from birth to 5 years. Providing childcare solely for staff at Colchester General Hospital and those working in other areas of the NHS, Nannas offers both permanent and flexible 'as and when' contracts to meet the busy and varying needs of our working parents.
The nursery has a dedicated car park with drop off spaces and is within walking distance of bus stops and the local train station with good links to London and surrounding towns. The local Highwoods Country Park provides weekly access for our Forest School sessions run by our fully qualified Forest School Leader Michael. The Nursery also employs an external Performing Arts and Sports company to carry out additional extra curricula activities with the children each week! During term time a French teacher also visits the pre-school children to help the children learn a new language!
Children are able to explore the exciting outside learning environment of the nursery via two large, secure, enclosed gardens – a courtyard garden and a natural barked rear garden (with our very own Forest Walk) with a variety of activities and resources which enable children to grow and develop to their full potential.
Open 6.30am-6.30pm Monday to Friday, Nannas Day Nurseries is open throughout the year, closed only on Bank Holidays and half days on Christmas and New Years Eves
Upcoming dates for your diary......
- Nursery Closed Friday 30th March 2018 (bank holiday)
- Nursery Closed Monday 2nd April 2018 (bank holiday)
- Thursday 5th and Friday 6th April, photo day (see Facebook events page for more information)
- Tuesday 17th April Spring has Sprung competition judging day at both nursery's
- Nursery Closed Monday 7th May (bank holiday)
- Nursery Closed Monday 28th May (bank holiday)
- Saturday 16th June we will be at the Young Children's Festival in Castle Park
- Wednesday 4th July, Parents Evening (see Facebook events page for more information)
- Saturday 4th August, Graduation party (see Facebook events page for more information)
- Nursery Closed Monday 27th August (bank holiday)
- Saturday 15th September, Parents Forest School Session at Highwoods Country Park 10am-12pm
- Friday 5th October, Grandparent celebration day
- Thursday 6th December, Parents Evening (see Facebook events page for more information)
We provide a selection of cereals for breakfast and healthy morning and afternoon snacks.
Our on-site Chef freshly makes a two course lunch for the children every day with either a starter or a pudding, teaching children healthy choices.
Throughout the day children have free access to fruit infused water via our hydration stations both in and outdoors. Full fat milk is also available on request.
All ingredients purchased are low in salt and sugar and we aim to provide your child with their recommended 5 portions of fruit and vegetables per day!
Our menu's were written alongside a hospital dietician to ensure that each child receives the correct balance of vitamins and minerals throughout their day with us. In line with current legislation and guidance our menu's also display the related allergens (key can be found in the nursery). We have recently updated our menus for 2017 so please check our our new range of delicious meals and snacks by clicking on the link!
Look out for our specially themed menus for events and festivals such as World Book Day and Chinese New Year!
We provide nappies and wipes for the children and also a holiday entitlement, allowing you that precious time off with your child without the worry of childcare fees.
Children's Nannas Day Nurseries uniforms (and matching accessories) are available to purchase from the Tesco Clothing website http://www.tesco.com/direct/nannas-day-nursery-turner-village/11180.school
Drop us a message or arrange a showaround.